Avaya Connect Channel Partners Have Access to New Skills and Designations in Video and Data, Partner Helpdesk and Business Management and Marketing Curricula
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. 20-Oct-2010 – Avaya, a global leader in business communications systems, software and services, today announced new skills, certifications and support systems to help Avaya Connect Channel Partners provide innovative, real-time business communications and collaboration solutions to their customers. Avaya Connect Channel Partners will have access to new technology certifications, business management and marketing curricula and a global Partner HelpDesk to help evolve both their customer’s business as well as their own. The announcement was made during the Avaya 2011 Americas Partner Conference being held this week in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“The innovations Avaya is now bringing to market allow our Avaya Connect Channel Partners to change the conversation,” said Jeremy Butt, vice president, Worldwide Channels, Avaya. “Our partners can have a strategic impact helping enterprises reinvigorate their business by using open, standards-based real-time communications and collaboration applications. Avaya is equipping channel partners with the technology, skills, certifications and support to enable their success in this industry.”
The announcement follows a series of technology innovations announced by Avaya through 2010 that included advancements in unified communications and collaboration, contact center and data networking for businesses from small to very large. Most recently, Avaya announced a new portfolio of video-enabled collaboration solutions highlighted by the Avaya FlareTM Experience, the industry’s first next-generation user experience that delivers unique collaboration capabilities across video, voice and text.
The new and expanded technology training, designations and skills reflect Avaya’s expanded portfolio into Data and Video Solutions and include:
- Video or Data Authorizations – new and updated policies both protect and reflect an Avaya Connect Channel Partner’s commitment to globally consistent quality standards in video or data solutions.
- Video or Data Expert – identifies an Avaya Connect Channel Partner that has demonstrated the highest level of ability in sales and support of video or data, and provides access to Avaya’s industry-leading tools and support.
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ASCA) in Unified Communications Solutions or Contact Center Solutions – new certification opportunity indicates an individual employee has achieved the highest level of training and competency in unified communications or contact center solutions and helps channel partners build deeper levels of specialization.
- Avaya Connect Video Solutions certification – for individual employees as an optional solution set training that can be added onto Unified Communications credentials.
“Vendors with clear and strong certification programs enable partners to develop comprehensive skill-sets and build and grow their business,” states Chris Ilg, director, Infrastructure Channels and Alliances, IDC. “As enterprises look for innovative collaboration solutions to fuel innovation in their business, partners with the latest capabilities are best positioned to meet the needs of customers today.”
The recently launched Avaya Connect Partner HelpDesk provides a single point of contact for channel partners who have questions about Avaya’s partner programs, tools and services. Available in 10 languages, this new resource offers truly global assistance to channel partners to make it easier for partners to do business with Avaya, regardless of their level, geography, or portfolio sold. Agents will assist with the following program and process related issues:
- Channel Programs – Avaya Connect Partner Program on-boarding programs, training & certification, sales authorization, etc.
- Essential Applications & Tools – Partner Relationship Management (PRM) database, Business Development and Market Development funds, channel partner web registration, Avaya University Portal.
- Marketing Programs – Partner Marketing Central resources and assets, Avaya Market Leaders program, channel partner promotions and incentives, partner locator, etc.
- Channel Services Programs – SSO & Web Services, Avaya Global Services tools, product registration, and channel partner service assessments.
Avaya is offering access to courses leading to a Professional Diploma in Marketing Business Services and Solutions provided by ITSMA and the Chartered Institute of Marketing to help channel partners build business skills. The curriculum will help channel partners understand what they need to do within their own business to create and deliver business services and solutions and how to win, grow and defend key customer accounts.
The new training and certifications will be available over the next two quarters. The Avaya Connect Partner HelpDesk is available now