- Expand total 4G coverage to reach 90% of the Australian population by the end of January 2015.
- Switch on 4G on 700 MHz services on 1 January 2015 to cover a three kilometre radius of all capital CBDs and 50 regional locations.
- Expand commercial trials of 700M MHz services to more than 20 additional metropolitan and regional centers in the lead up to January, with selected areas of Sydney, Adelaide, Darwin, Bundaberg, Yamba and Sarina, to come online next week.
- Offer significantly faster 4G speeds than currently available on the Telstra mobile network to customers in enabled areas with 700 MHz compatible devices.
- Aim to have more than 1 million 700 MHz ready devices in customers’ hands by the end of year.
Telstra has invested in double the holdings of 700 MHz spectrum than any other carrier. The low band spectrum allows mobile signals to travel further and reach deeper into buildings.
The network upgrade makes 700 MHz compatibility a must-have feature for anyone looking to update their smartphone or wireless broadband device.
Almost all of this summer’s most sought-after smartphones, tablets and mobile broadband devices are set to be 700-ready, with a total of 20 devices expected to be in our range by Christmas.